Room Air conditoner Cycling too much

Hey All, I live in sunny, humid Alabama I have a hot spot on the back side of the house.(my office facing West)I get sun until about 6PM when it goes behind the trees. It is 165 sq ft not counting the closet or the laundry room.
I bought a Maytag (Fedders) 5000 BTU room AC but it was too noisy. I took it back and got a Whirlpool 6000 BTU unit
Much quieter, but it seems to cycle a lot.(At times, 5 minutes on and 5 minutes off)
6000 BTU's shouldnt be too large for my room...should it???
Any other help??? thx Bama