Rookie Fun, Revised

From a friend:
> Metric pipe wrench.
Lowe's has 'em!
When I worked there in Contractor Sales, a plumber sent a flunky in after one, so I sold him a Metric Pipe Wrench that had all of the markings in Millimeters.
Later, a Contractor sent a guy in for a Metric Hammer, and I sold him one that had the markings in Kilograms. About an Hour later the Foreman came in with his new helper laughing his ass off because he had never heard of a Metric Hammer before. I told him to give that guy a raise because you sent him on an "Impossible Task" That he accomplished. He said I was right and handed him a $50 Bill right in front of me.
That being said, when I was living in Florida, I was working on my Girlfriend's 1972 VolksWagon Super Beatle and sent her pesky Uncle to NAPA for a new Radiator Cap for it…
He was gone for 2 Hours! LOL
Possum in Upstate SC
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 12:36:23 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Really? I've seen plenty of adjustable wrenches with metric scales on (I have one, made by Draper IIRC) - but not a pipe wrench. I didn't think that pipe wrenches generally *had* scales (which is, I suppose, the point of the "joke")

:-) I like that.
cheers
Jules
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Oct 27, 12:36 pm, "Stormin Mormon"

Ok, that one took me a minute. Haven't touched an old beetle in quite a while.
I do remember amazing a friend of mine who had one by diagnosing the noise coming from the back end, over the phone.
"It's making a weird rattling noise in the back."
"Does it sound like someone shaking a can of marbles."
"Yeah, that's exactly what it sounds like!"
"Rear CV joint."
"What!!!!!"
Add pictures here
βœ–
Andy adds: In college, I worked nights as an engineer in a television station, and it was customary to send "new" guys on errands, like"
Go downstairs and ask the secretary for the key to the sync lock......
Go to the basement and see if the color burst.....
Go out to the van and get a drip pan for the grid leak....
Etc......
I went thru the initiations like everyone else, and gleefully participated in the harassment to the new guys who came in after me........
Andy in Eureka, Texas
Add pictures here
βœ–