My roof job was scheduled to start tomorrow - complete tearoff down to
the skip sheathing being the first order of business. The house is 2
story and about 30 x 40 feet.
I had to ask the roofer to delay the start due to a snafu in my funding
scenario, but now it's set for Friday, with a small possibility it won't
start until Tuesday November 1st. The roofer told me that a Friday start
will mean the attic will be open to the weather over the weekend. If the
forecast indicates rain he will obviously tarp. Should I insist on them
tarping in any case? Right now (It's Sunday) there's a forecast for a
"few showers" on Friday and "Partly Cloudy" on Saturday and Sunday, and
"Mostly Cloudy" on Monday the 31st (I'm in Berkeley, CA). How much
trouble is it for this roofer to tarp the house as a precaution?
Thanks for any information.
NO, have them strip the roof on Friday. Tell them to forget the tarp
because there is no rain forcasted. As soon as the guys leave, start
hosing down the roof. Flood the whole place causing a few ceilings to
collapse. Call your insurance company tell them there was a terrible
rainstorm. Collect lots of money and enjoy the riches. You can
always slop some ceiling tiles up and forget the water damages, water
will dry in time....
Also, dont forget to have your lawyer contact the roofers and threaten
to sue them. You'll get a free roof too !!!!
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.