Roofing Shingle Ratings

I've searched through the old messages and haven't found an answer. Can someone point me to a source that discusses shingles and which ones are best and why? thanks

Terry

Reply to
Terry

I believe the current issue of Consumer Reports just did a rating of them.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Just read closely how the came up with their ratings. Sometimes their "tests" are rather subjective and non-statistical. Shingles are sort of benign, the tests might be OK.

Bob

Reply to
'nuther Bob

I agree 100%. You want to know how they rated them and if those factors are important to you. For example if you are looking at ratings for a drill bit and they rated it poor because it did not function will in concrete and you never would use it in concrete, then it might be the best choice for you.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan