Roofing question - ridge vent vs. turbines?

choices

I appreciate everybody's comments and opinions.

My insurance adjustor says 90% of roofs here just use 2 or 3 turbines. Apparently there is some resistance to ridge vents - maybe appearance, or some other concern. Well, maybe they a just a little cheaper.

I don't know the proper terminology. The only vents I have now are big vents at each end of the house just under the peak of the roof. So no matter what I use, the circulation is probably not going to be ideal, but it seems that the ridge vents may be better. Anyway, thanks again for the help.

Reply to
Peabody

Those are gable end vents with without soffit vents (the ones under the roof overhang around the edges of the roof) you are not going to profit from ridge vents. In your case the recommended vents may be the best, unless you want to go to the expense of soffit vents. (I might depending on the situation and the cost, but it may not be cost effective.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan