Roofing problem-Treated lumber. What fasteners to use?

I built a shed out of treated lumber and am wanting to roof it. Problem is, all the roofing nails I can find say they are not for use with treated lumber. I am about to use Primeguard Exterior screws with washers to fasten the felt and shingles down, only that will make replacing the shingles in 20 years a monther bear. What to do? Anybody have any ideas? Believe me, I am all ears...

Thanks for any help.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Isn't there plywood on top?

Use coiled nails, they will grab anything, just rent a nailer if you need.

Reply to
Adam Kubias

Plywood... Yes, and it's pressure treated. That's the problem I am trying to deal with. What is a coiled nail? Is that like a ring-shank nail? Are they corrosion resistant?

Dave

Plywood... Yes, there is, and it is pressure treated. That is the problem I am trying to deal with.

What is a coiled nail? Is that like a ring-shank nail? I need it to be corrosion resistant...

Dave

Please pardon my double posting. My computer is playing tricks on me. It asserted that it was unable to post my message, so I did it agian. History.

Anyway, never mind. I found stainless steel roofing nails on Amazon.com and ordered same for next day delivery. Problem solved. Wish I had thought of that sooner...

Take it easy.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Go to a real fastener store or a marine supplier. They will have stainless roofing nails. They use them for piling wrap on docks. I doubt they will have "coil" gun nails tho. If you are hand nailing you don't care. "Coil" refers to how they are packed and fed through the gun. They are attached together with thin wires and coiled up as opposed to "sticks" used in some framing guns. .

Reply to
gfretwell

I couldn't believe Amazon had SS roofing nails. While I was back at Home Depot getting more adhesive for the last of the flashing, I looked again and found nails specifically for treated lumber, but they still weren't stainless steel. They were coated with a proprietary polymer. Already had the SS nails on order fromAmazon though, so I didn't bother. Should be okay...

Dave

Reply to
Dave