Roofing prices

Page 4 of 4

...Proposal Snipped...

Let me make sure I understand the situation regarding references.
Are you saying that at this point they are they are refusing to supply any references?
I know that a few others have suggested that you are being unreasonable with your requests, but I'd be really concerned with any contractor that played the privacy card with regards to references. You would think that if they are really as good as they say they are, they'd be proud to give you the names of references.
You'd think that they would have a few customers who would have given them permission to use them as references and you'd think that the office staff would either have that list or would have contacted someone who did.
On 7/27/2012 2:54 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Remember that I was talking to a low-level clerk. I'm sure (hope) the owner would have been more accommodating.

...snip...
The problem is that this "low level clerk" is the face of the company when she's the only one in the office.
You would think that she knows the company's rules about references. If they owner tells you something different, you should offer some constructive criticism about the office staff.
There's a potential for loss of business if she is giving out bad information. Suppose you chose to walk because she said that they don't give out references when in fact they do? That's not good for business.