Roofing labor

Can anyone tell me what the average cost of labor would be for a roofing job that would include eleven square of dimensional shingles?

(a friend of mine offered to do this for me, and I woould like to pay him the going rate)

Thanks,

J. MIddleman

Posted Via Binaries.Net Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services

Middleman

Where? When? What warranty? Etc.? You gave zero useful details.

Reply to
Pop

"Middleman" wrote

If he does fair work: 6 pack

Exceptional work: 12 pack & a couple joints!

Reply to
Clarence G

On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 02:55:57 GMT 'Clarence G' wasted 14 lines of text to spew in newsgroup: alt.home.repair

(-: Need any work done?

-Graham

Remove the 'snails' from my email

Reply to
G. Morgan

Probly doesnt really matter, a true friend will usually refuse payment anyways, unless he is in dire straights--so unless he is currently having hard times with cash, suggest buy him a gift.....but at any rate, do be sure to be there when the day comes where he can use your help in some way.

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

Perhaps he would appreciate a nice set of scaffolds!

Just a thought.

Reply to
Joe Fabeitz

Just remember to not ask any questions when he calls you at 2:00 in the morning and is wanting you to bring a shovel and a plastic tarp and meet him in his garage. Friends help friends in times of need.

J.

Reply to
Jim Johnson

This is Turtle.

Some of the part time Roofers around here will go for figure up what the shingles , nails, & Felt cost and that will be the labor. Now Labor rates vary so much everywhere that this may be high or low. Now this will be to remove & replace and not just lay over.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Reply to
alkkahowlick

This is Turtle.

the Rules of engaugement for beer drinkers verses shingle installation. Here there is the 1 beer per hour and not to exceed the 8 beer limit on a 8 hour day. If any rules are broken or any penalty flags are thrown. all will have to pay the price. Stopping to drink the beer time does not count as elapes time for beer to hours of work ratio. Alway have the full case of beer iced down and set a side for all to see on completeing of the job. If the job is completed before the 8 hours of work time has be completed. the full case will be opened up for full scale guzzing action. If there is any penalty flags thrown during the 8 hour work operation. You will remove all the beer and be stored in the house till the job is completed. Most all 8 hour jobs become a 4 hour job with this ground work.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

LMAO

I still recall re-roofing our first house many years ago when I was in my early 20's........

Being too cheap to pay for roof top delivery, I packed all them shingles up there myself, while some others did most the nailing down....it was a blistering hot August day, and I would make exactly 3 trips up the ladder, then sit in the only shade there was up there huddled next to the chimney, and guzzle a beer.....

Over and over like that pretty much the whole day--I bet I drank at least twice Turtles limit even before noon...looking back, probly just pure luck I never fell offa the roof.......

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT