Roofing granules source?

Where can I buy mineral roofing granules like the kind used on asphalt shingles?
Thanks
Do a Google search on "Sheriff Goslin". They_used_ to sell granules to coat their crappy bucket-o-tar flashing work. They probably do still . Tom Techguy wrote:

Any good commercial supply house will carry a few basic colors. A good roofer uses it to sprinkle on the hot tar that oozes at the edge of the modified bitumen sheets.
--
Keep the whole world singing. . . .

Techguy wrote:

My understanding is that most of it is mined by GAF in Belle Mead, NJ 40deg27.09m N., 74deg42m W., just north of Princeton. Sourland Mountain, 'tis called.
snipped-for-privacy@sme-online.com wrote:

What? No Google Earth flyby with an icon and contact information?! ;)
Techguy wrote:

Not sure what you need them for or how much you need, but if it's to cover small spots on your existing shingle roof you can usually find a small amount in your gutters. If you find a large amount, clean your gutters more often and/or start thinking about a new roof.