Roof Ventalation Question

I have a typical colonial house in Michigan, and a question about my roof
I used to have only CAN VENTS and GABLE VENTS on my house until last year. Then, Last Year, I had a new roof put on, and they gave me Ridge Vents.
Now I am having new siding put on, and they are asking me if I want Soffet Vents put in?
Is more ventaltion ALWAYS good? Is there any reason to NOT accept these soffet vents?
Thanks
Bill queried:Is more ventaltion ALWAYS good? Is there any reason to NOT accept these soffet vents?
Yes and yes. A reason not to accept them would be if they were overpriced. Tom

there is a wonderful free onlibrary full of your answers at: http://www.buildingscience.com/resources/mechanical/default.htm
Agreed, buffalo, that's a great resource of researched info. TB