Roof Ventalation Question

I have a typical colonial house in Michigan, and a question about my roof

I used to have only CAN VENTS and GABLE VENTS on my house until last year. Then, Last Year, I had a new roof put on, and they gave me Ridge Vents.

Now I am having new siding put on, and they are asking me if I want Soffet Vents put in?

Is more ventaltion ALWAYS good? Is there any reason to NOT accept these soffet vents?

Thanks

Reply to
Bill

Bill queried:Is more ventaltion ALWAYS good? Is there any reason to NOT accept these soffet vents?

Yes and yes. A reason not to accept them would be if they were overpriced. Tom

Reply to
tom

The ridge vent doesn't do much without a soffit vent.

Reply to
BP

there is a wonderful free onlibrary full of your answers at:

buffalobill

Agreed, buffalo, that's a great resource of researched info. TB

Reply to
tbasc