Roof Turbine Question

I installed a 12" roof turbine today and after I finished, I started looking at it and wondering, how in the hell is rain NOT going to get in it?
Looks like the rain could just run down the fins and right into the attic, if it isn't spinning while its raining.
How does the rain stay out of it?

They usually start spinning. As the roof cools because of the rain the hot air in the attic rises and the turbine spins. If water was an issue do you think that there would be so many of them installed?
Someone in Florida posted last year that the only time rain got into the turbine was during a storm when the rain was horizontal.

bob wrote: <<Someone in Florida posted last year that the only time rain got into the turbine was during a storm when the rain was horizontal.>>
I live in Fl (orlando) also! LOL!
That's why I'm concerned. We have BAD thunderstorms here almost every afternoon in the summer (june-august) not to mention the hurricanes of late.
Sounds like your cousins to the South are about due for drenching this weekend. Our turbine was installed about 10 years ago as part of a reroof and it was from HD about $20.00USD. No sqeaks/hollers/lube and it dropped garage temp 20 and that's where my days are spent. No insulation beneath so anything coming in is spotted immediately. I put a cover on a hinge to close it up when it cools off to slow heat loss.