Roof Turbine Question

I installed a 12" roof turbine today and after I finished, I started looking at it and wondering, how in the hell is rain NOT going to get in it?

Looks like the rain could just run down the fins and right into the attic, if it isn't spinning while its raining.

How does the rain stay out of it?

Reply to
Ron

They usually start spinning. As the roof cools because of the rain the hot air in the attic rises and the turbine spins. If water was an issue do you think that there would be so many of them installed?

Reply to
SQLit

Reply to
nospambob

I live in Fl (orlando) also! LOL!

That's why I'm concerned. We have BAD thunderstorms here almost every afternoon in the summer (june-august) not to mention the hurricanes of late.

Reply to
Ron

Reply to
nospambob