Roof turbine

Hello,
I have two of those round wind driven roof turbines on my home. They were apparently installed by the prior owner. One of them has stopped spinning. Are those things something that requires lubrication, or since it's stopped spinning I can assume it needs to be replaced? If lubrication is the problem, what should I use? If I have to replace it, is that something a homeowner with Zero prior experience could tackle or do I have to have a roofer come out for the job?
Thank you,
Steve
It will need to be replaced, not lubed.
You should be able to remove the top 1/2 while leaving the flashed in section in the roof. Go to the roofing store with the top half in hand, buy a new one that will fit, throw the bottom away.
--

Keep the whole world singing. . .
Dan G

(remove the 7)

I doubt that it is any less efficient now than when it spun. The spinning takes energy from the moving air.
Tom Baker

This is Turtle.
Tom , Please think more.
TURTLE
Turbines that are not turning will allow driving rain to enter. They require the centrifugal force from their spinning to keep rain (and snow) out.

On 8/1/03 3:44 PM Steve rambled forth

Steve