Roof test

I had an AC unit put on the house in addition to another already there. The roofing guy did a nice job, and we said, "I guess we'll have to wait until it rains to see how good it was." Well, it hasn't rained here for a good while. The other day, it rained a bit, and we got a little drip inside, but was unsure where it came from, as it only rained a little.

I got the brainfart of going up on the roof and spraying water. But I figured I should either make it a mist, or shoot it straight up and let it come straight down just like rain actually does. Am I on the right heading? What's a good way to test with just a hose?

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Spread a film of water from the hose around the suspect flashing or joint. Post a video making the water fall like rain on you tube peaple will love it.

Reply to
Telstra

Why are you waiting to call the AC people or a competent roofer? You have a new roof leak that needs to be fixed. Most pro roofers are really good at spotting trouble spots, so that should be your best bet. Good luck.

Joe

Reply to
Joe