Roof test

I had an AC unit put on the house in addition to another already there. The roofing guy did a nice job, and we said, "I guess we'll have to wait until it rains to see how good it was." Well, it hasn't rained here for a good while. The other day, it rained a bit, and we got a little drip inside, but was unsure where it came from, as it only rained a little.
I got the brainfart of going up on the roof and spraying water. But I figured I should either make it a mist, or shoot it straight up and let it come straight down just like rain actually does. Am I on the right heading? What's a good way to test with just a hose?
Steve
--
"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere
critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly,

Why are you waiting to call the AC people or a competent roofer? You have a new roof leak that needs to be fixed. Most pro roofers are really good at spotting trouble spots, so that should be your best bet. Good luck.
Joe