Roof Soffits Question: Insulation getting over Soffit Holes In Attic - How To Prevent

Hello:
I see from looking in the attic that my rood edge soffits are covered over with the attic insulation.
Not to good obviously, and I doubt that they are functioning at all. Glad I have at least a gable vent on each side of the house.
I'll crawl up there and move the insulation away, but really don't want to cut it, or move it back, more than a few inches at most from the soffit edge.
Was wondering if there is any product that is made to go over the soffit (betweem the 16" roof floor joists) that is perforated and somehow prevents the insulation from creeping back over the soffits holes again.
My guess would be a plastic piece with holes, that perhaps has a semicircular cross section.
Any thoughts On ?
Thanks, Bob

You can make them with cardboard