Roof sewer vent

Hi all, We have had a real cold spell here (-40C and -50+C windchills) combined with lots of snow. Several people I know have had there roof sewer vent frost over requiring them to unplug it. Not easy at these temperatures and with two feet of snow on the roof.
Are there ways to minimize the chance of this happening?
I had thought that maybe insulating the pipe through the attic might help? Keep the "air" warmer.
Any suggestions?
Canadaloon
On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 22:41:07 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

clear the roof snow buildup should solve the problem. Maybe make it of a larger diameter with some insulation between it and the existing vent pipe. Refinements include a vent cap to prevent snow falling into the pipe.