Roof seal

On a similar topic, I have a dormer with a nearly flat roof (roll roofing) that is fairly old, can I paint it with this Kwik Seal stuff ? The roof is black, it'd be good if it were white, and this might be a cheap way to extend the life.

Reply to
roger61611

It's a latex-type? If so, it won't do much for active leaks, as ponding really deteriorates it quickly. So you tar/ fabric/tar any cracks. We use it on our rentals here, and it's not bad to work with. Read the can, and try not to walk much on your roof.

Rog wrote:"On a similar topic, I have a dormer with a nearly flat roof (roll roofing) that is fairly old, can I paint it with this Kwik Seal stuff ?

The roof is black, it'd be good if it were white, and this might be a cheap way to extend the life."

Sure, you can paint it. Tom

Reply to
tom

I'm looking at Kwik Seal for a flat roof. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this product. How is it after it dries? Can you walk on it? Are there any shrinkage issues I need to be concerned about? Should this be put on in a single coat or multiple layers? Drying time between layers?

Am in south florida so really want a white color product to help with summer heat reflection.

TIA!

Reply to
Lost in Translation

I was mistaken, the product I'm looking at is called "Cool Seal" and it comes from Lowes.

Reply to
Lost in Translation