Roof REPLACEMENT?

We have 2 leaks in our ceilings. our house is 15 years old.
How do I hire a Roofer. to have the roof replaced?
shirleyann
Shirley ann wrote:

Ask your insurance agent for recommendations?
Even if it's not an insurance job, he may know firms that have a good reputation.
Of course he may have a brother in the business...
Shirley ann wrote:

You may not need a new roof but need to have valleys and seals around chimney and vent pipes checked. I used to do it myself with roofing cement and tubes of caulk but now older I have a reliable roofer to make repairs.
Check around your neighborhood and get recommendations.
Shirley ann wrote:

a couple of local roofers to get estimates on the repair of your leaks and advise if you need a new roof or not. If they don't give free estimates skip them. Make sue they are insured too.
--
Blattus Slafaly ? 3 :) 7/8

On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 13:54:36 -0400, "Blattus Slafaly ? (3) :)"

Yes, definitely check their license and insurance status with the State. Most (all?) states have a place where you can check that status. Don't just take roofer's word that his license is current, and that he is insured. If he's on the up & up, he will respect you for checking. If he gives you static, hasta la vista!
Also (laughs) I recall a roofer who asked for 2/.3 of his dinero up front! He must have thought I was born yesterday!
Putting your payments on a credit card gives you some recourse in case things go bad.
In addition to the advice above, you might ask among your friends and colleagues who they used for their roofing needs. People recommendations are the best, IMHO.
Good luck.
Aspasia