Roof Rake or shovel?

Hi and thanks for any info on this. I have done a Google search on "Roof Rake" Roof Shovel" and I can't seem to find a CANADIAN supplier for this. I have a 4 foot drift on top of my garage and am too afraid to get up there with a conventional shovel as the added weight might make the roof give way....not to mention damage to the ashphalt shingles (new last summer). I am in Saskatchewan. Presently have the truck plugged in and am about to try Home Depot or Rona. Temperature this morning is -34 C (-31F) with a wind chill of -55 C (-67F).....Brrrr
Thanks for any local advice....Jim
"Jim M" <jim> wrote in message

Canadian Tire sells a Yardworks Roof Rake Product# 59-6961-8, about 16' total length but you can buy extensions to make longer.
Guillermo
Thank you Guillermo.....am on my way there... Jim

Keep that cold air up there.
Tom
"Jim M" <jim> wrote in message

Roof rake is best, homehardware or rona has em for 50C$ with 30' of handle. Never go on an icy roof unless ordered to do so by Dr.Kavorkian.

You'll love this. I have a 30' roof rake that I use a few times each winter, basically when the snow gets more than about 18" deep on the roof or when a thaw is coming (it was -28 here last night, so no thaw for a while). One day last winter, when I was out getting ready to rake the roof, I heard my neighbor's small snow blower running. I knew he'd already spent two hours doing his walks, because I was out running my 10HP blower for about 15 minutes doing mine. Anyway, I go around front and there he is UP ON THE ROOF RUNNING THE SNOW BLOWER to clear things off. This is a ranch with a moderately pitched roof, but he'd standing up there in 24" of fresh snow running a 3 hp blower. I ended up going back inside and watching from the window, with the phone nearby so I could call 911 when he fell-- it was either that or get the camcorder to film it. Surprisingly, he got the whole thing cleared and made it down the ladder to boot.
-Derek

Work at your leisure!
On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 07:27:49 -0600, "Jim M" <jim> wrote:

Today 36C , that's POSITIVE 36C, clear blue skies. More of the same toorrow.