Roof, Paint, Gutters Questions

Hi
I own a Ranch style home on the SF Peninsula
The home was built in 1954. The roof is comp shingles and since it's a ranch style home the roof doesn't have much of a pitch.
I need a new roof and plan on starting to get some estimates.
I plan on painting the home afterward.
I have two questions.
# 1 What material should the gutters be? Does it make sense to get white pvc, I will never have to worry about them rusting or painting them.
#2 When should I have the gutters installed before or after painting. I was thinking that when they paint the eves that they will spray the eves and there will be overspray all over the backside of the gutters? The rest of the home I plan to roll.
Ideas?
Thanks

Copper is the best, but you'll need another mortgage.
Seriously, stay away from the plastic gutters. Hail shatters them. They get brittle as the plastic ages (UV light, you know), and the wind will break them. They'll also shrink and come apart at the joints. Oh yeah-- the joints have rubber gaskets that fail.
Get aluminum gutters factory-painted they color you want. Get the seamless gutters. A truck will bend them from flat sheet metal in your driveway. No leaks. Pay for the oversized downspouts; they don't plug up as easily.

Put on the gutters last. It's good to have the fascia painted. That's hard to do when the gutters cover it.
--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement

Tube Audio wrote:

Second the suggestion on pre-painted, aluminum gutters. Get them from a gutter company that can make them the exact lengths, on site, with no seams.
Paint first - that way you can get a good coat on the areas the gutters will cover.
If you haven't settled on a color for house painting yet, consider getting a can of spray paint in a color you like and have the house paint mixed to match. Having a can or two of spray paint to touch-up things is double-handy. In my case, I was even able to match the gutters!
I used Rustoleum "Camouflage" as the base color. It has the advantage of strangers not being able to see my house from the street.
HeyBub wrote:

I have always tried to figure out how the got all those colors into one can. Looks good though.