Roof Over Deck

I have a nice deck that is about 20 feet by 10 feet, and it is covered by a corrugated fiberglas roof that is brown colored. I need to repair or replace the roof, but I can only find green corrugated fiberglas roofing, which is incredibly ugly. The hassles finding brown corrugated roofing materials (admittedly not great looking either) got me thinking as to whether I really need the roof over the deck or whether there are other roofing solutions in addition to what I have considered. Although the deck is nice, I really don't want to spend a ton on it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
JD
Retractable awning? Motorized perhaps?

Menards or HD have different colors or can get them
http://www.sunsetter.com

I used Suntuf polycarbonate panels over part of my deck. They look quite a bit better than fiberglass. They come in several colors but I don't think they have brown. I used the solar gray panels. (Semi transparent smoked glass look). They also have a couple of other panel lines. http://palramamericas.com/Corrugated-Products.htm Got them at HD.
Kevin
Thanks for everyone's suggestions. They were very good. However, in evaluating all of the options, I am curious as to how long a wood deck that is unprotected will last if you stain and take care of it.
JD
it all depends on the quality of the original wood. some is surface treated, on others the preserative goes all thru the wood. preseratives varied a lot too.
20+ years for good quality materials:)
The other issue is that the feds are considering declaring treated wood as a health hazard that must be mitigated or removed. if that happens it will be like asbestos.
your deck may have to go. at least before selling home
even rain water coming off deck is a cancer suspect polluting the dirt under decks, which may have to be removed by a licensed contractor to a hazardous waste landfill.
its another asbestos all over again:(
Treated wood on a lake is so far so good after 30 years, and looks like 30 more, redwood here lasts 10-15.
I have a 4 by 4 post on my front porch, its treated, 10 years old and rotting away!
Laugh if you want about health hazards of treated wood, they USEd to laugh about asbestos:)
Now it costly crews working in moon suits.....
cant get homeowners insurance for houses with bad sidewalks, failed roofs, knob and tube wiring and soon outdoor treated wood.
Its coming slowly but surely.
if a new owner cant get homeowners insurance then no one will buy your home:)

Some of the perils of living in "Big City" society I guess, no worry here.
Walt Conner
I have a 4 by 4 post on my front porch, its treated, 10 years old and rotting away!
Laugh if you want about health hazards of treated wood, they USEd to laugh about asbestos:)
Now it costly crews working in moon suits.....
cant get homeowners insurance for houses with bad sidewalks, failed roofs, knob and tube wiring and soon outdoor treated wood.
Its coming slowly but surely.
if a new owner cant get homeowners insurance then no one will buy your home:)
My concern would not be how long the wood deck would last but rather the comfort of sitting out there in the sun, in our part of the country anyway. Our son used the smoke polycarbonate panels mentioned above and they did not afford enough protection from the sun either.

You're kidding, that would be the least of my worries here.
Walt Conner
I'm coming to this late I know but here is what I did: I have a second floor deck that I wanted to shade from the midday sun. I added fabric panels in such a way that the wind could blow through them and not create a wind load problem. With the attachments I used, they can easily be retracted for sun bathing or removed altogether for cleaning or at the end of the season.

JD - No one has yet suggested a pergula. Not as much sun blocking but they look a lot nicer in my opinion. You can even get shades that go between the beams later on if you like. Some of your existing structure could likely be used. See
http://www.woodmagazine.com/woodmag/141/images/pergola-lg.jpg
http://images.google.com/images?q=pergola&hl=en&btnG=Search+Images http://www.baldwinpergolas.com / and much more
Where are you located?
On 15 Feb 2006 14:32:35 -0800, " snipped-for-privacy@spamgourmet.com"

Canvas

Check into a product called Onduline. It's used a lot in farming and should be available thru one of the big box stores. Also, check online and \\have it shipped - 20 yr life rating, I believe.
On 15 Feb 2006 14:32:35 -0800, " snipped-for-privacy@spamgourmet.com"

I put some of the corrigated fiberglass panels on my barn roof. It was less than 2 years later I find them full of holes from hail. The hail did not damage anything else on my farm. I just replaced them with the steel that is on the rest of the roof. Those fiberglass panels just do not hold up well. Unless you want the light, just cover it with ribbed barn steel, available in many colors. It will last forever too, and if you were to get some rust on it, just paint it.
If you insist on the fiberglass, you will be replacing every few years.
Mark