Roof gutter recommendations please

My home in upstate NY gets a lot of snow and ice build up on the edges. Will any cutters hold up to that problem and also keep leaves out?
I need to route water away from my foundation via the gutter, so I can't go with just a snow slide. And the roof is way up high, so I can't get to it easily for leaf clean-out.
Maybe there ain't such a thing.
46erjoe wrote:

Tommy Silva says to hang you gutters low enough so that sliding ice won't touch them. I have seen on a lot of *older* homes with slate roofs metal brackets sticking up on the roof. These are to either stop the ice from sliding off or to break it up as it slides. Take a look at the roof on that old church down the road from your house.
add heat cablers to roof to revent ice dams, ventilate better under soffit and eaves so they arent warm starting ice dam, use gutter helmet so leaves cant clog gutters,
finally if all else fails remover gutters altogether and install drain field in ground area around home so that roof water drains away safely.
theres lots of options a combo like gutter helmet plus ground drain is probably best.
it elminates gutter clean up minimizes ice dam, ice slides off helmet and overflow water has a place to go....