ROOF COATING

We've just moved to the SouthWest, and I see how hot the sun can get.
We've got a mobile home with tan shingles. Without A/C on, it's like an oven.
Could I coat the shingles with this white glop ( sealer? )
Can it be used over shingles ?
Would I see any improvement in house temps ? <rj>
scribbled this interesting note:

I wouldn't recommend it. -- John Willis (Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)

There are several coatings made for application over shingles. Snow coat is the one I used. It takes two coats to get it white.
You might see some help in the house. Certainly not above 100 F which it is almost every day now.
The stuff is not cheap like $15 a gallon. Verify that the product that your going to use is recommended for your type of shingles.

sealer? )

shingles. Snow coat is

100 F which it is

product that your

There's also a silver color, costs a little more, but is better at reflecting the direct rays of the sun.
<RJ> wrote:

For a while. Then it turns black from the pollution.
Then you power-wash it and it's okay again.
Then it turns black...
(literally, rinse and repeat)