Romex to flex cable junction?

Hello all, I have to drop a line from the ceiling to a furnace. Currently its romex along the ceiling, with more to spare hanging down, and I need to come down in flex cable. So I bought some empty shell flex jacket.
I was going to thread the romex into the empty flex, and at this top "junction" use a metal box to clamp the jacket, even though the romex is not actually cut.
This sound ok?
Thanks
Dean
Or Romex connector-1/2" threaded coupling-flex connector

Hmm, thanks for that. Didn't think of such a thing. Got them in HD/Lowes?
Cheers,
Dean

That will be fine, use a plastic threaded bushing on the threaded end of the greenfield connector. Staple the Romex to the framing within a foot of the greenfield and put a strap or 2 on the greenfield so everything stays put. The 2005 code is cleaning up the language to make this better defined as OK.