Romex to flex cable junction?

Hello all, I have to drop a line from the ceiling to a furnace. Currently its romex along the ceiling, with more to spare hanging down, and I need to come down in flex cable. So I bought some empty shell flex jacket.

I was going to thread the romex into the empty flex, and at this top "junction" use a metal box to clamp the jacket, even though the romex is not actually cut.

This sound ok?

Thanks

Dean

Reply to
dean

RBM

That will be fine, use a plastic threaded bushing on the threaded end of the greenfield connector. Staple the Romex to the framing within a foot of the greenfield and put a strap or 2 on the greenfield so everything stays put. The 2005 code is cleaning up the language to make this better defined as OK.

Reply to
gfretwell

Hmm, thanks for that. Didn't think of such a thing. Got them in HD/Lowes?

Cheers,

Dean

Reply to
dean