Romex in SHORT run of conduit?

Page 2 of 2

If you're talking about the cable entrance at the circuit breaker panel, use a butterfly clamp...
Rick,

Yep, that's the entrance I'm talking about.
I'm not familiar with a butterfly clamp, can you describe this further?
I'm sure a trip to the local home center will help me figure out what's available for the task. But, I haven't had the time...
Thanks!
Anthony

Looks like this:
http://www.discount-tools.ws/tools/butterfly-style-connector.php
Available at hardware stores, home centers...
Rick,

Oh, OK, I've seen those. They're often used on dryer cords where they enter the clothes dryer. An option to keep in mind.
Thanks!
Anthony

In addition to the other tips...
The front bezel on the panel covers some distance around the outside of the panel. On the ones I've used, about 1" outside the panel is covered. That leaves plenty of room to remove 1/2" of drywall above and/or below the panel thru which you can access the other side of the cable clamp. Needle nose pliers to hold the ring and install the clamp backwords, or keep the screws on the clamp facing the correct way and you can get a screwdriver in there to tighten the clamp on the wire.
sdb
sdbuse1 on mailhost bigfoot.com