Romex Cables and Armouring

Should romex cables running to the dishwasher be armoured? How about ones to the garbage disposer?

Where I live the garbage disposers are connected to a outlet and a appliance cord is used. It is a motor so it needs to be able to be disconnected.
Dishwashers are fed with romex to the junction box as common practice. Best check with your local authorities.
I think the answer is NO, but I am not certain.
I can tell you that if cable is armoured, it is not Romex (also called NM), it is BX (also called AC).