Roller shades

Does anyone know of a roller shade of decent design that will stay on track and not shred upon use?
Presently the only inexpensive roller shade that I have been able to find is the type that is inherently flawed. First the width adjustment is accomplished by a telescoping tube that creates a dissimilar diameter. That in turn causes the blind to be biased and move to the smaller diameter side. Secondly the design of the shade also includes shade material that is intentionally weakened at vertical fault lines. That is included in the design so that one can easily tear a vertical slice off to accommodate the correct width.
When you have both diagonal roll up and a weakened material you get shredding at the smaller diameter side. The shade is worthless. It seems that self installation ease outweighs usefulness. What a joke.
The older type of roller shades were cut to length on a lathe type machine. No fault line material. No uneven diameter tube. It actually worked without shredding or shifting.
Who makes a properly designed simple inexpensive roller shade?
Add pictures here
✖
On Sep 20, 11:28 am, snipped-for-privacy@mucks.net wrote:

Bite the bullet and get the cut-to-length at your box store. Prices aren't all that high and the mid grade ones I've bought have been quite functional and durable. You've been around long enough to know by now that when you buy cheap you buy hassles, crap or both.
Joe
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@mucks.net wrote:

I've been pleased with justblinds.com
Add pictures here
✖

I have some cut to width for 35 years and they are still in good condition, just dirty from lack of cleaning.
Add pictures here
✖
On Sep 20, 12:28 pm, snipped-for-privacy@mucks.net wrote:

Levolor. At Lowe's. Take care when you measure. IIRC, under $10, almost certainly under $20.
Cindy Hamilton
Add pictures here
✖
On Mon, 21 Sep 2009 08:26:42 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

Thank you.
Add pictures here
✖