rodent proof "extension" cord; does it exist?

I use an extension cord in a semi permanent application. The squirrels eat it. Is there a rodent proof "extension" cord out there? (I expect not.)
What about coating? I tried some sprays that supposedly repel dogs... no luck.
Any ideas? (Extension cord used to power the boy's tree house.)
Thanks. Any ideas welcome.

It might cost, but you can try using some of the flexable conduit. You would have to put at least one end on the conduit as it is only about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch inside diameter.

Doh! Found this ... $34 It might work... but I wonder if aluminum is a match for my squirrels. It looks like I'd have to knife one end of the cord to fish it thru.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Southwire-1-2-in-X-100-ft-Flex-Aluminum-Conduit-55082103/202316476
On 4/19/2014 7:11 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

Someone out there must have a way of sending power through a wire, the utility companies do so every day. Why do the boys need 110 VAC house power? Watching DVD instead of watching animals and bugs and birds?
--
.
Christopher A. Young

The squirrels eat it. Is there a rodent proof "extension" cord out there? (I expect not.)

supposedly repel dogs... no luck.

boy's tree house.)

1) Power devices with nicads, or lawn mower battery that has to be roped up for good exercise for the boys. 2) Cut back on their power needs, and buy them slingshots and BB guns to stay amused 3) Rig a bicycle and alternator so they can pedal their own power 4) Everyone back in doors by sundown. If we can't see the tree house from here, you'd best be inside by then.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Sat, 19 Apr 2014 16:51:18 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Just get a roll of MC cable. It is like that FMC but it already has a wet location wire in it. You can get a connector and a box for the receptacle end but I am not sure how you would put a plug on it. Maybe mount another box on the line end with a short pigtail to were you plug it in. If you are doing all of this, why not just hard wire it on the line end and make it part of the building wiring?

The squirrels in da hood around here can chew through aluminum flex and MC cable. I would have to pull the cord through galvanized steel flex to keep our squirrels at bay. I'm not sure because the squirrels in this area steal copper pipe out of unoccupied homes. ^_^
TDD

Split flexible tubing? Maybe they wouldn't chew on something of a larger diameter.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

It wouldn't be an 'extension cord' but BX/AC would slow the little suckers down.

AC is not a wet location wiring method
Stormin Mormon      Apr 19 - show quoted text - 1) Power devices with nicads, or lawn mower battery that has to be roped up for good exercise for the boys. 2) Cut back on their power needs, and buy them slingshots and BB guns to stay amused 3) Rig a bicycle and alternator so they can pedal their own power 4) Everyone back in doors by sundown. If we can't see the tree house from here, you'd best be inside by then.
Yah, well, the boys have 44's, drink and play cards. I don't want to pedal and deal at the same time. Besides, the fridge takes 1000 watts.

I don't want to pedal and deal at the same time. Besides, the fridge takes 1000 watts.

Please consider a propane tank for heating the tree house hot tub. Much cheaper in the long run.
--
.
Christopher A. Young