Rockwell Sonicrafter Multitool. Blade for Ferrous metal?

I've got some concrete steps (front of house) where we cut out a iron hand rail from one side using a sawzall'ish tool.
We're left with small 'nubs' sticking up from the step with the mounting bracket (a small square of iron with bolts into the concrete that the uprights were apparently welded onto).
The bolts and the square brackets seem to have welding rod or some strong glue coating each of them.
We are planning on replacing the concrete steps in the future when we can afford to do that, but in the meantime, I want to get rid of the nubs which are a tripping hazard.
I'm thinking of using the multitool to cut the nub off, or perhaps cutting the nuts off the of the bolts holding down the square pieces to the step.
The only blades I've seen though are for use on non-ferrous metals.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Tony!

http://images.krillion.com/static/images/products/grinders/hilti/hilti_grinders_285937_lg.jpg
On 11/29/2010 7:09 PM, Tony wrote:

Like trying to cut a tree down with an exacto knife. Go to HF and pay 20 bucks or so for an angle grinder and a pack of cutoff wheels. If you will never need it again, sell it on Craigs List for most of what you paid for it.
--
aem sends...

4ax.com:

Some type of grinder seems more appropriate. Speedier, less costly blade, etc. Depends on what you have available besides the Sonicrafter.

Harbor freight 4 or 4.5 inch angle grinder will do it in a few minutes. The cheapest is often on sale for $15 or so.
plausible, and wrong." (H L Mencken)
On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 01:40:48 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@sdf.lNoOnSePsAtMar.org (Larry W) wrote:

<snip>>>We're left with small 'nubs' sticking up from the step with the

<snip>
Everyone seems to be saying the same thing,.,, Get a cheap angle grinder and suggestint HF..
I've never bought anything from HF because you usually get what you pay for in my opinion, but in this case, an angle grinder isn't something I forsee me using even frequently, so if it dies after a short time I'll only be down $15-20 and I'll have banged out a couple of projects..
Thanks for the responses
Tony!

You can go with a name brand and still keep it around a hundred or less.
Tony wrote:

Bigot!
I bought a Harbor Freight Multifunction Twitching tool this past weekend for TWENTY DOLLARS (with coupon).
I'll wager it outlasts your Rockwell (list price $264). Of course you get a handy carrying case with the Rockwell, but I bought a Stanley tool kit at ACE last weekend for $5 which works admirably.
Even if it doesn't, at that price I could buy THIRTEEN HF models for the same amount of money! (Actually more - If I buy ONE HF tools and invest the residual $244 dollars, when the HF tool wears out in twenty years, I'll have earned enough interest to buy FIFTEEN more.)
One nice - and often overlooked - feature of the HF tools is their utility.
Suppose you have to cut a tile. You think to yourself "Crap! I have to go back to the shop and get the tile cutter. Aw, fuck it, I'll use my HF angle grinder with a masonry blade. If I trash the angle grinder, getting another is still cheaper than the hour lost on this project to retrieve the proper tool."

Go ahead and buy one, Tony. FWIW, my 4" HF grinder has seen 3 years of hard service on remodeling jobs with the only problem a break in the cord when a friend returned it from his weekend battle with nasty iron. Repaired the cord by simply shortening it a couple of inches and its good as ever.
Joe
On 11/29/2010 8:16 PM Tony spake thus:

Before you start spouting this far-too-oft-repeated line, you might want to look at the HF Reviews site: reviews by real people, not shills, of actual HF tools. Like this one of the HF 4" angle grinder: http://hfreviews.com/item.php?id &99
(Or choose others from these search results: http://hfreviews.com/search.php?query=angle+grinder&search=Search )

Angle grinder. You'll find other uses for it like sharpening blades without taking them off.
On 11/29/2010 6:09 PM, Tony wrote:

Have you tried hammering the studs flush?
TDD

Another use for that sacrificial HF sledge :-)
On 11/30/2010 5:42 AM The Daring Dufas spake thus:

Sounds like a fine way to crack the concrete.