Rockwell Saw Belt Replacement

Hi List,
I have a Rockwell 10" table saw, and have a replacement belt to put on. The belt connects pulleys on the motor and arbor. The new belt can slip right on the motor pulley, but a lip on the arbor pulley is giving me problems. I see no way to remove or loosen the arbor pulley. I suppose I could remove the motor bolts to get enough slack, haven't checked that out yet. Is this really this hard?
Thanks, Dave W.

try rec.woodworking.
Yes, it really is this hard. You will normally have to loosen the motor to allow it to move in the slots in the plate. You may or may not have to remove 2 of the bolts to get the movement required. Getting the pulleys in line with each other is even more difficult, but necessary for smooth running and long belt life.
#################### Keep the whole world singing. . . Dan G (remove the 7)

There should be an Allen screw on the shaft portion of the arbor pulley. The procedure that I have used in the past to replace the v-belt did not require the removal of any pulley.
I have a contractor saw on which the belt tension is developed by the hanging weight of the motor. If you do have a contractor type saw, you should be able to lift the motor so that the belt can be easily placed onto both pulleys.