Rockwell saw

What's a used Rockwell table saw with base, fence, and blade guard worth? About ten inch blade.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Can't see it from here. An old Real Rockwell, or the current current Rockwell-branded crap I see at the Borg? Condition, hours, how flat is the table (and how big is it), any visible rust, any metal-on-metal screeching when it is powered up, etc? Cast iron, stamped, or plastic table? Cheap pot-metal fittings, or machined castings? Kinda like a used car- you have to spend some hands-on time with it, and let it talk to you.

Lacking any details or knowledge of the local used market in your town, I'd say go to the Borg or Sears, find a saw with similar specs, and offer half of what the new price is. A large pawn shop is also a place to go, to see the high side of local used prices, as well as Craig's List. Table saws with 10" blades run the gamut from $200 18" table toys that are fine for building birdhouses and bookshelves, through 'contractor grade', to shop models that weigh a ton and last for forty years, and cost thousands of dollars. (Only got to use one of those once, in a millwork plant on a Saturday. 48" square table, huge motor, etc. It made going back and using a jobsite saw very depressing.)

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

I see them on craigslist for up to a couple hundred dollars, and down to free.

I tried selling a 10" sears saw for $100 and only got 1 nibble.

Reply to
Bob F

If it's the Rockwell/Delta 10" motorized ( built in motor) Table Saw I had one for about 20 years not the most solid saw out there but it served me well I sold it for about $100 15 years ago. If it's the 10" contractor saw there a really nice saw I would think if it's in any decent shape a couple hundred. The contractor saw has a removable motor mounted on the back., open base. Do you have a pic. of it ?

Reply to
Sac Dave

The two listed here is worth some $$, too bad its three phase.

Reply to
Frank

Visited a shop in Chicago once that did custom interior woodwork for restaurants and upscale bars and the owner let me play with his monster sliding table saw and a few other power toys. Couldn't bear to look at my pitiful collection for a few days. Like looking at Chevys (Corvette excepted) after being in a Ferrari store.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

depends on condition and age. Sadly, the older a tool is the more I'm likely to be interested in it.

nate

Reply to
njnagel