Rockwell Band Saw

A friend borrowed my Rockwell Model 14 Band Saw that I inherited from my father. Since I've never used it, I don't know much about it. He did find a new blade, but he is having trouble getting it adjusted for proper operation. He has been unable to find a manual online.

If you are very familiar with this saw, is there anything unique about it? He will probably go by one of the local stores to ask someone there how to set up the saw, unless there is something different that he needs to address.

Does anyone know where to get a manual?

Reply to
mcp6453

try looking around on

chaniarts

As another say, if the current Delta site doesn't have reference to old Rockwell-branded stuff, owwm.org is the first place to look.

As to the other question regarding this bandsaw, I've seen quite a number of old Rockwell, Rockwell/Delta and even Walker-Turner/Rockwell and they're all virtually interchangeable (and almost identical to early Delta even to many castings being the same).

Can't imagine what would be terribly difficult in setup assuming a couple of things -- first would be w/ the age...well, before I go into a litany of things, how about can you tell the group something of the specifics of problems the friend is having/symptoms of same?

I will mention that at the age and if hasn't been used, the possibility of the tires either having no crown or having become hard and slick might be a cause of tracking problems. And, of course, if it hasn't been used in "since forever", perhaps it wasn't in alignment then, either...check that wheels are co-planar and align one w/ the other.

After that, it's basically just setting tension and guides.

--

Reply to
dpb

Didn't think where this was posted when saw it--resubmitted to rec.woodworking which is more apropos to any specifics any others there can think of...

--

Reply to
dpb

Reply to