Robinson bits

Page 3 of 3
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

use
But
tyrant and

he'd
As I heard it, Robertson wanted to set up a single-supplier deal where Ford would buy all the parts and tools from him. Nobody smart enough to run a car company would fall for that.
Chip C
I have Robertson bits that were part of a Black & Decker set bought in the US.
Perce
On 02/07/05 08:55 pm Tellmeaboutit tossed the following ingredients into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

Probably for the same reason they don't include Torx bits -- in the US, they're a specialty product, and the vast majority of purchasers would have zero use for them. It's certainly not difficult to buy them if you need them.
not in the kits? show me one screwdriver bit kit with more than 16 different bits kit that DOESNT have one....? although lots of them simply call them square heads, square tip, u get the idea.
im not trying to argue, i mean i dont know what you've seen and havent seen. but im tellin ya, they put them in lots of the kits. same with torx bits.
randy

I have lots of them that came in sets. Hardly ever use any or them. There are many brands and yeah, they call 'em whatever they feel like.
The issue I have had in the past with Robertson tips/bits, is that they were cheap and the tips (the driving part ) broke off too easily. They are superior on many ways, but have a tendency ( only in the ones I've had to use , and they probably weren't made by Robertson) to do just that............break. I suppose , reading the other posts in this thread, that it is very possible that the "real deal" made by the original manufacturer, may be the "Cadillac" of the type. Or the "Snap-On" if you will.
I have had both bits, and screwdrivers and didn't have to leave Texas to get them, both came in sets and singles when I did use them several years back. I think nowadays, I am more likely to buy Phillips type screws but with ACR knurls on them to "grip" the screw better, or some type of those newfangled "deck screws"
Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply
MUADIB

The Robertson screwdrivers I get today are far superior to a lot of the ones made decades ago. I used to get annoyed with how fast the tip would wear, but now they last a long time - even when used in a power driver.
Mike