Roaches in my mailbox

Every once in a while I would see roach in the kitchen. I keep out roach bait. So in a few days no more roaches.
I found out where they were coming from. My Mailbox. I got the mail today and there was a roach in there. I am guessing, instead of climbing the mailbox and hitching a ride into the house, the trip started from the post office.

Wow. Check a little more, ask your neighbors if they have the same problem, and then tell the post office.

Decades ago I worked in a hardware store, Often roaches would be in cartons received. The owner (of the store, not the roaches ;-) ) told me they love the glue they sealed cartons with.
Yes, ask your neighbors if they see the same thing to see if they are coming from the PO or if the locals are just invading your box for the envelope glue.

Never keep a roach in the mailbox, the mailman may turn you in. Same with guys that put a roach in the glove box and get stopped for a minor violation and the cop spots it. . And don't carry a roach clip with you.

I have a roach clip on the arm band thingy for reaching into My computer,,occasionally I pinch My GF with it,lucky Me I found one that likes that action.. Roaches are like any other critter,,If they do'nt eat they leave or die..I hope the OP is'nt gettin mail from Texas,,I saw a roach on a flatroof there that musta been 3" long and 1" wide! A group of Em could probably kill a cat!(Fat Freddies' Cat maybe?) Maybe there's something in the air in Houston that made em grow so big..
Terry wrote:

I once thought my neighbor was opening the mail. I contacted the PO and complained. For a while, no opened mail.
I then thought the mailman was tearing open my mail. I filed a formal complaint.
I heard about roaches b/4 in the mail, and figured this was doing it.
Bottom line is, I was trying to bait the neighbors by putting a hotdog in the mailbox. After a couple months about 1/2 of it was gone. Figured maybe some homeless person ate it.
It just goes to show you, it's always something.

My ice cube tray was never full. I thought my roommates were using the ice and not refilling the tray.
Talking to them was worthless.
Then I lived alone and they were still not full. I thought my roommates were breaking in and using my ice.
The ice was evaporating.

So true.

Shoot a little boric acid in there and the roaches will go away. That is basically what the roach tablets are. Just a little dab in the back of the box should work. If that is no help try a bait station double back taped to the back of the box.

Hmmm, be sure to affix postage to that bait station or you're committing a Federal crime!
"Other than as permitted by 2.10 or 2.11, no part of a mail receptacle may be used to deliver any matter not bearing postage, including items or matter placed upon, supported by, attached to, hung from, or inserted into a mail receptacle."
http://pe.usps.com/Archive/HTML/DMMArchive1209/D041.htm
I guess any roaches are also in trouble ;-)
On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 21:45:56 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@malch.com (Malcolm Hoar) wrote:

You can see how it is just a few short steps from this notion that they should be so important, to searching our homes listening to our phone calls without warrants.
I have a slot in my door that isn't even labeled "US Mail" so people can put in anything they want, and I can go on vacation without cancelling the mail. But even this is impossible in new n'hood and soon old ones. Instead they have cluster boxes to make people who used to be able to have a slot, or lean out from their door get dressed and go out in the cold, snow, and rain 100 feet or more to get their rain.

I'm sure they are. Probably sent to Iraq.

Yep,,Big Brother is acting more like Big Mother every day..Real radicals might say "Big Mother ******",,oh well,,time heals and some women like scars..So be it all..
On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 21:45:56 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@malch.com (Malcolm Hoar) wrote:

On that basis i would suggest that the OP should call the FEDS and have the damned roaches arrested at gunpoint. That'll show the little buggers he means business.

Maybe I will shoot one an leave it in the mailbox as an example to any more that try it.