RJ45 & RJ11 module plugs

I am doing some remolding and I ran some wiring. Since I had a bunch of cat5 cable I ran it to use for phone wire. I went to the big box store to get some module plugs for the phone and all they sold was RJ45 plugs and they say they works for both RJ45 & RJ11. The wiring diagram that came with the module plugs only show to wire it up one way using all 8 wires. The question I have is do I wire the phone plug up with all 8 wires just like the RJ45 plug?
No, phone wires only use 2 wires. On the RJ45 its pins 4&5 ( the 2 middle pair) as the other poster said. It should be color coded as white/blue and blue white. We use RJ 45's at work for phones and they work fine. Now if you want to be creative, if you think of going to put in a 2 line phone in the future, you need to wire an additional pair to the jack. In this case it would be pins 3 and 6 ( I believe its color coded white/green and green white). So now you would have 2 dial tones on the jack that would work with a 2 line phone if you ever plugged one in.
On Aug 8, 9:48pm, "JimmyDahGeek@DON'T_SPAM_ME_gmail.com"

Sure wire up all 8 (I usually use the B wiring).
To not confuse people you could get those little plastic inserts that convert an RJ45 to RJ11, but the RJ45's work just fine and its nice having the extra pairs in the wall for multiple lines or even running back infrared sensors, etc. Those plastic inserts just block off the full width jack to that of a RJ6, they only cost a few cents each.

I meant RJ11 not RJ6

These things:
http://www.l-com.com/item.aspx?id=8125
windcrest wrote:

Cut it out! You're confusing them. *snicker*
TDD

Thanks to everyone for their input. I will use the RJ45 plugs and use the blue/blue white wires for line one. I really doubt that I will ever have more than one line in my house so I should be all set.
THANKS,