"Rittenhouse" Residential Smoke Detectors ?

Hello:
Saw a house with wired in smoke detectors by an outfit call Rittenhouse.
Never heard of them.
Do they still exist ? Do they still make residential smoke detectors ?
Thanks, B.
Their mfr plant burned down.

ha ha ha
later,
tom @ www.CarFleaMarket.com
Subject: "Rittenhouse" Residential Smoke Detectors ? Newsgroup: alt.home.repair => Robert11 <= wrote:

Never heard of them. Replace smoke detectors every 10 years, regardless of manufacturer.
--

-Graham

Remove the snails to email
Robert11 wrote:

I don't know about that brand, but wired in smoke detectors are not hard to find. They all should also have battery backup as it is not all that uncommon to loose power as part of the problem that causes the fire.
--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

I know that Rittenhouse was a competitor of "Nutone" in the 1970's and 1980's. At the time, I worked for an electronic servicing company that was factory authorized for Nutone service (as a minor sideline of their business).
Rittenhouse made door bells, door chimes, radio/intercom systems and hard wired burglar alarm systems. Perhaps those smoke detectors are part of the security system in that house. They are liable to be pretty old. As another poster said, they probably should be replaced for reliability.
I don't think Rittenhouse is still in business, at least not in business making those products....
Doug

old....older....replace. Later >
i think they got bought out by DeWittenhouse or Somershouse...
randy