"Ripping" 1x6 fence pickets

Actually, it was a link to a hand saw. I know, no one could possibly use one of those nowadays, right?

S. Barker

Steve wrote in news:Xns9AC58D98F626A184365720018436572@66.250.146.128:

It's ONLY posts from him. All his posts.

Reply to
Red Green

Not for me. You may have a cookie with your zip code for location.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Looks okay here...

I see you're using X-News instead of Microsoft's Outlook Express.

Using an un-approved newsreader may void your warranty and cause a toad infestation.

Reply to
HeyBub

"HeyBub" wrote in news:MuidncE3Ff0sK8LVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

Thanks for the reply.

Keeps the snakes fed.

Reply to
Red Green

$100 Sears table saw.

Not a lot of power but enough for a lot and plenty for the 1x6 ripping. IK use my constantly

Reply to
RandyCorona

The recip saw is the one to use and it will cut clean and smooth if you use another fence board as a guide.

Unusual you have a compound miter saw, recip saw and an anger grinder but no circular saw.

Reply to
<Frank>

Hi Al Bundy (is this the Al Bundy :))

Thanks for pointing out the issue about my paragraphs being one long line. I think it is because I&#39;m using a forum mirror to post the messages. Technically the reader agent is supposed to be able to wrap the text (cut it down) but I think I can tweak this forum to wrap the text on the way out.

So I&#39;ve made the change. Please let me know if above is one long line or has been nicely chopped into separate lines.

Sorry to others as this is off-topic but I may need to make a few "test" posts to get this straightened out.

This newsgroup is amazing in it&#39;s depth of knowledge and helpfulness and really not much SPAM in the mix. I&#39;d like to contribute too!

-- Richard Thoms Founder - Top Service Pros, Inc. Connecting Homeowners and Local Service Professionals

topservicepros

topservicepros wrote in news:q9edncUwiflf7v3VnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Yep, my former handle. Good catch! I thought Red Green (if you know the show) is sarcastically more appropriate.

No, it&#39;s still one line. It&#39;s probably an XNews issue and it&#39;s no biggie. As you can see above, once the text is quoted in a reply, it properly wraps.

Reply to
Red Green

OK here is one more tweak and then I&#39;ll call it a day and quit testing on this forum. Another long paragraph with lots of blah blah blah words. Activated wordwrap function in another spot and lets see if this comes out as a single line or gets broken into ~75 char lines.

How about the above? 1 line or 4-5?

-- Richard Thoms Founder - Top Service Pros, Inc. Connecting Homeowners and Local Service Professionals

topservicepros

That worked from my view. The most recent was the one liners.

Looks good..

Reply to
Oren

I use outhouse express and your formatting is now fine.

What are the people having problems using?

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

topservicepros wrote in news:grSdnS7oyqj_5v3VnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Lookin&#39; good mon! 4 lines.

Reply to
Red Green

It is an alternative. I thought about it but I am lazy...actually I could have done it with a handsaw with the amount of time I have idled over this.

Problem is I am doing a whole house remodeling and I have at any point in time 40 projects going at the same time, so once I hit a road block, I move on to another item, in the mean time give me time to think and strategize...

Its like I am mending the chicken fence and chasing 30 chickens at the same time...LOL.

MC

Reply to
MiamiCuse

"MiamiCuse" wrote in news:6sCdneq6yexedv_VnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@dsli.com:

A whole house remodeling and you don&#39;t have even an econo circular saw.

Why?

Reply to
Red Green