"Ripping" 1x6 fence pickets

Page 2 of 2

It's ONLY posts from him. All his posts.

Odd. Everyone's posts OK except for topservicepros. Oh well.

hhhhhttp://www.TopServicePros.com
Yes. It's like he has no margins set. Have to read sideways :(
Red Green wrote:

Looks okay here...
I see you're using X-News instead of Microsoft's Outlook Express.
Using an un-approved newsreader may void your warranty and cause a toad infestation.

Thanks for the reply.

Keeps the snakes fed.

Hi Al Bundy (is this the Al Bundy :))
Thanks for pointing out the issue about my paragraphs being one long line. I think it is because I'm using a forum mirror to post the messages. Technically the reader agent is supposed to be able to wrap the text (cut it down) but I think I can tweak this forum to wrap the text on the way out.
So I've made the change. Please let me know if above is one long line or has been nicely chopped into separate lines.
Sorry to others as this is off-topic but I may need to make a few "test" posts to get this straightened out.
This newsgroup is amazing in it's depth of knowledge and helpfulness and really not much SPAM in the mix. I'd like to contribute too!
-- Richard Thoms Founder - Top Service Pros, Inc. Connecting Homeowners and Local Service Professionals http://www.TopServicePros.com
topservicepros <richard[at]topservicepros[dot]com> wrote in

Yep, my former handle. Good catch! I thought Red Green (if you know the show) is sarcastically more appropriate.
No, it's still one line. It's probably an XNews issue and it's no biggie. As you can see above, once the text is quoted in a reply, it properly wraps.
OK here is one more tweak and then I'll call it a day and quit testing on this forum. Another long paragraph with lots of blah blah blah words. Activated wordwrap function in another spot and lets see if this comes out as a single line or gets broken into ~75 char lines.
How about the above? 1 line or 4-5?
-- Richard Thoms Founder - Top Service Pros, Inc. Connecting Homeowners and Local Service Professionals http://www.TopServicePros.com
On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 23:43:10 -0500, topservicepros <richard[at]topservicepros[dot]com> wrote:>OK here is one more tweak and then I'll call it a day and quit testing on

That worked from my view. The most recent was the one liners.
Looks good..
topservicepros <richard[at]topservicepros[dot]com> wrote in

Lookin' good mon! 4 lines.
"topservicepros" <richard[at]topservicepros[dot]com> wrote in message

I use outhouse express and your formatting is now fine.
What are the people having problems using?
Colbyt

How you can do remodeling without a circular saw, at the very least, is beyond my comprehension. Buy one - they're cheap enough and you'll find all sorts of uses for it.
$100 Sears table saw.
Not a lot of power but enough for a lot and plenty for the 1x6 ripping. IK use my constantly

An inexpensive circular saw, carbine blade and the rip fence made for the saw you buy makes a poor man's table saw for ripping the occasional board.
If your cuts are not straight ( same amount needs to be removed all along the board), skip the fence and use a spare board as others have suggested.
Seriously a circular saw should be the next tool a DIY homeowner buys. A drill always seems to be the first item needed.
--
Colbyt

The recip saw is the one to use and it will cut clean and smooth if you use another fence board as a guide.
Unusual you have a compound miter saw, recip saw and an anger grinder but no circular saw.