rip off report

Okay, there is a site called www.ripoffreport.com. We have had a problem with some minor warranty issues from a couple of furniture stores (one is Rhodes Furniture, they're out of business so I don't mind naming them). Our beef is that both stores are very slow in responding to warranty claims. Instead of posting their names on rip-off report, is there another web based avenue to post a complaint?
Personally, I've found the BBB to be a waste of time.
Regarding Rhodes Furniture, we bought a set of leather furniture from them. I guess the salesman liked us and more or less gave us the extended warranty for the furniture. Even though they are out of business, the warranty was (supposedly) then and is now handled by a 3rd party.
HeatMan wrote:

And you expect someplace on the web to be better for getting satisfaction from a local business? If you have a legitimate claim, you can take them to small claims court, which is likely to get their attention. And collecting a judgement from a local furniture store that is still in business should be easy.

I find it interesting how many people here immediately brush off the BBB as a useless organization. For a sleezey operation, that can be true; but for many, it does in fact matter. More than that, by submitting something to the BBB you also create a record that would warn off others from using that opertaion. A "good" rating from the BBB is nowhere as meaningful as a "bad" rating, I agree, but it does eliminate some bad ones very quickly. HP for instance, cares a LOT. They
sorry bout that: They fell all over themselves to soothe my feathers and made me a very happy customer who felt he'd gotting into a great win - win situation.
A broad brush can spread TOO wide! Try to see the bigger picture.
Pop

Quit wasting your time, Monday pay your 35-50$ small claim court filing fee at your local court house and let a judge decide. All you need is the company name, address, and someones name that works there. Odds are you will have it fixed in 30 days. Forget writing, forget the bbb. Only a court can enforce a judgement.
Read the fine print before suing. Most big companies have binding arbitration clauses in their contracts and judges routinely enforce them because the crooks in Washington passed a law that pretty much forces states to enforce binding arbitration clauses in consumer contracts even if they are in invisible fine print. So if you ignore the clause, the other side can hire a big shot expensive attorney to win a dismissal and the judge can may you pay the attorney fees.

On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 11:55:55 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (m Ransley) wrote:

I don't know the law in all states, but I think that need not be the same name as that listed in the phone book or on the sign.
I think there is supposed to be a business license posted with the name and address, a new license each year, although if nothing has changed and they only have an old one posted that would not upset me.
What happens if you sue under the wrong name (a DBA name, doing business as) and right address may vary from state to state.

By posting the complaint online, you're gambling that someone useful might see it. You'd be better off contacting the manufacturer of the furniture and raising hell.

is
was
and
The wife is better at raising he** like that. She's at the 3 stuporvisor now. Still can't get anything done...
Have you checked your credit card privileges? Some cards extend manufacturers warranties and claims are with the CC company.

"at the 3 stuporvisor now" makes no fucking sense. You need to look all over your furniture, especially underneath. There should be a tag with the manufacturer's name, and probably the city where they're located. Then you need to pick up the phone and call them. If you don't know how to get the area code for a city you're not familiar with, find someone over the age of 40 and ask them.
Also, you don't need to type "he**" instead of "hell". It's just a fucking WORD.

(one
them).
web
warranty