Rigid foam question

Glued up t&g rigid foam (3m foamular 1") to the basement walls. Do I still need to seal the seams with Bild-R-Tape since it is a t&g installation ? Also, I can't seem to find the tape at the BORG, so can I use Tyvek tape instead ?

Thanks.

crossposted to alt.building.construction, alt.home.repair

Reply to
JackRabbit

IMHO: I would seal between the boards, to prevent air circulation. Good idea.

later,

tom @

newsgroups01REMOVEME

Read this and you'll know how to properly insulate your basement.

Reply to
3D Peruna

Sounded like an interesting link, but ...

" This document is undergoing revision. Check back. Document removed

1/10/2005 "

You wouldn't happen to have this archived ?

TIA

Brian Belliveau

I'm not sure if it is that same one, but I have a PDF file about basement insulation. Email me if you'd like me to send it to you.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

What I would do is skip the tape and use spray foam in the cracks. Use heat (a lighter) to narrow the nozzle of the foam can iand squirt a thin bead into the crack. It will expand into the joint and adhere to both sides.

.

Reply to
Tony M

Never heard of this. I might try it later for doing outside receptacle outlets. thx

later,

tom @

newsgroups01REMOVEME