rigid foam board in Portland, Or

I need to buy some foam board (say 1"x4'x8') that is fire rated (flame spread 25) that I can attach to an interior crawlspace foundation wall and leave exposed.

Where can I buy some in Portland Oregon and what is name of the product at the location you specify?

Thanks, Jess

keyword = JessJoeMama

Reply to
Jess

Expanded or extruded polystyrene board can meet that spec. Dow's brand name is Styrofoam, but OC and JM also have equal. Any home center or building supply will have it. Why not put 2" and have better insulation? It is about R4 per inch.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I think he is looking for the stuff where you DON'T have to put rock over it. Not common in the big boxes around here- I need to do my buried garage bay, to warm up the bedrooms above, but don't want to mess with sheetrock.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

Flame spread 25 is modified polystyrene. In a crawlspace you may not need to cover it. Some codes only require rock in an occupied space. Funny thing is, many wall coverings and paneling will burn faster than the foam. The foam goes out if you remove the source of ignition.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski