Right Insulation over cinder block

I have a small room in my basement that holds my oil tank & my workbench.One half of the room is a cinder block wall,can i go right to wall with tuff-r board or styrofoam board with liquid nails to insulate it. thx

Reply to
rhartin

Yes. By code, the insulation should be covered with sheetrock though. While only a utility area, you may want to consider putting up some studs and finishing it off a bit. If nothing else, hang some peg board over the sheetrock for your tools.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Anyone have any experience with Dow's Thermax? [Dow says it doesn't need a thermal barrier]

Does it meet codes? Does it cost more than styrofoam & sheetrock?

Is there another similar product by another company?

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

Edwin & Jim--thx again for your imput.R.H.

Reply to
rhartin