riding mower again

Seems that the valve adjustment I did on my mower worked but now the mower wont stay running...starts up fine but after a few minutes it sputters and quits. I noticed the governor going back and forth when it started to sputter, what could it be? Thanks again CJ

Agree, sounds like it's not getting enough fuel. If the above doesn't work, probably time to pull the carb, take it apart, and see if it's fouled up. That happens a lot on these. You can find a carb rebuild kit that has gaskets, needle valves, welch plugs, etc online, maybe Ebay, for $10
On 6/14/2013 12:06 PM, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

First for the fuel starvation symptom make sure the vent hole in the tank cap is clear...

As the mechanic said to the cardiologist who brought his Mercedes in for repair: "There's a lot we still do not understand about the carburetor. Best to just replace it."

est

That's one approach, but carbs aren't cheap. A rebuild kit is $10, a new carb could be $75+ Nor are they really complicated, especially if you can find the rebuilding steps and photo online in a service manual or video. Essentially it's just taking it all apart, including removine any welch plugs, cleaning it out thoroughly using carb cleaner and some compressed air, then putting it back together. The rebuild kit has all the parts that need to be replaced, ie needle valves, gaskets, plugs.
On 6/15/2013 12:59 PM, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

faulty fuel solenoid. instead of replacing it ($60) I cut off the little plunger and installed a shut off valve...problem solved

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQw2pQ_oa6o

CJ

or

. Best

Wonder why the manufacturer didn't do that as well to save on $$$.
On Friday, June 14, 2013 12:41:08 PM UTC-4, cj wrote:

Thank you for sharing.
Jenny Student at Olivet College of Design snipped-for-privacy@olivetuniversity.edu http://ocad.olivetuniversity.edu