RIDGID Lifetime warranty on power tools

Page 1 of 2
Yes indeed
Check the out at the Home Depot
All power tools, (cordless too), and has a warrantry that covers defects and 'normal wear' for the life of the product!
This includes batteries too!
Check them out
For purchases through 12 - 30 - 2003
Yahooooooooo!!!!!

and
Humm...that might be a local thing, since I cant find that information anywhere on the Home Depot website, and when I try to get warranty information on the made in China Ridgid line of power tools, it says to call internet information, so I did, and batteries are only covered for 2 years according to someone named Claire that answered.
BTW...that lifetime tool warranty promotion has been going on since before Thanksgiving....for the money, I will take the Milwaukee standard lifetime warranty anyday.
No No NO
It's not the Home Depot that has the warranty
Its the manufacturer!
I just their orbital sander today
With a lifetime warranty, I'm checking into their cordless drills too!`
http://www.ridgid.com/Manuals/LifetimeServiceWarranty.pdf

call
The lifetime warranty INCLUDES BATTERIES
That's what makes it so good!
Normal wear is EXACTLY what a battery does when it fails to hold a charge, or does not hold the charge as much as a new battery.
Check the Ridgid website for warranty info
We are giving many relatives Ridgid cordless tools for X-mas
I love it!

call
Not as good as it sounds, and I quote from the Ridgid website.
"What is not covered"
"Failures due to misuse, abuse or normal wear and tear are not covered by this warranty. RIDGE TOOL shall not be responsible for any incidental or consequential damages."
This means when the thing wears out, breaks, or the batteries stop holding a charge the they won't cover it. The warranty only covers defects and workmanship. This isn't like say a Craftsman handtool warranty.

Actually is sounds VERY GOOD
I'll quote from the Ridgid website. LOOK UNDER LIFETIME LIMITED WARRANTY, which is what the tools purchased till 12/31/03 comes with:
"WHAT IS COVERED UNDER THE LIMITED LIFETIME SERVICE WARRANTY : This warranty covers all defects in workmanship or materials and NORMAL WEAR items in this RIDGID tool for the lifetime of the tool. This warranty is specific to this tool purchased between 9/1/03 and 12/31/03. Warranties for other RIDGID products may vary."

and
Take a look at it/them and see if they meet YOUR quality expectation in new. If they do, the warrantee is as good as the name behind it. Does Rigid have the same reputation as dewalt (power tools) or snap on (hand tools)? These companies don't need to offer me a lifetime warrentee, because they have earned my trust. I do not expect any tool they make will prove to be defective. I might Rigid a go if I were convinced the initial quality is there, but I suspect this is not the case.

Ive heard this warranty is temporary it wont be continued next year, that may change. But for now it is to bring in new customers. They Seem well built but as in any new product bugs may be found. Time will tell.
Just the lifetime on batteries turned me on to them. My Dewalt batteries lasted about 4 yrs before they lost a substantial charge capacity
I love Toyota and think they make a great car. Would I buy one with only a 1 year warranty because I trust them?
Not me
Dee

defects

defects
Sounds like a few people are jealous that THEIR new tools warranty have run out, or about to run out and if they would have bought the Ridgid ones, their tool would be warrantied for life!
thats the way it goes
The company stands behinds their tools for life, I like that
Gets my hard earned money
But tools before 2004, keep them for life (cordless and corded)
message

Here here, I totally agree. With my expierience in the past with these 2 company's, I wouldn't care if they offered a 30 day warranty, I would rather buy those instead of any other brand. I've had a few, and never been dissapointed with any Milwaukee tools and haven't had one fail due to factory defect yet or to working it to hard. Being American made is just a bonus. I also think that buying a $20 battery twice a year I can justify, considering how much money those tools make me on the job.
Also, CBhvac, I seen you said something about a jobsite without power, and you wouldn't wanna be stuck. Look into Milwaukee's Cigg Lighter chargers, well worth the money on the jobsite.
Just my .02 Doug
message

will
Rigids lifetime battery warranty Ill bet it doesnt remain , It cant remain . It wil be changed, if in fact that is what they are doing. It happens all the time. And why no 2004 lifetime warranty. I smell a rat.
$40/year in batteries?
At a 30 year career, that's $1260 in batteries (included a 5% state tax)
So, your drill will cost you $1460 and mine will cost $200. PLUS I WILL STILL HAVE A WARRANTY ON THE WHOLE DRILL!
HAHAHAHHAHA

pre-paid
Look at steel mill pensions that have been canceled, Enron , tyco, Warrantys and deals change. You think they will let you return it more than once, I will never buy another Sears car battery, this may be local but my Blazer wouldnt start, 3 yrs on a 72 mo warranty Alternator -starter tested ok, Sears took out the battery , charged it , said "See it holds a charge' no Warranty sucker. Next morning No start. What BS I went and got a Delco. Point is Batteries wear. They are going to find an out. Dont beleive me , then you will be disapointed.
That's the lifetime warranty expires 12 31 2003..
Its not for EVERY Ridgid tool purchased!
Its for a limited amount, ONLY
I just went out and bought 3 12V 2X drills for my brothers for Christmas gifts!

Well it sounds to good to be true, I called Ridgid, and thats what they said, I asked " If in ten years the batteries fail they replace them" they said yes . So buy one unit now before the lifetime is over on 12- 30, then future tools get same battery and swap when they die.
Umm, the more likely scenario: Your $200 Rigid drill fails in 6 months and the warrantee turns out to be not worth the paper its printed on. If your lucky Home depot offers you 50 cents on the dollar for a dewalt replacement.
It always amazes me that people think they can get something for nothing. Why do you think Hundai (spelling?) offers 100K mile warrantee? Must be because they're better made then Honda/Chevy/Toyota/Chrysler who offer lesser warrantees....

Ridgid seems to have a good product and the warranty is 3 yrs for tools purchased in 04