Ridgid 16 gallon vac

Just purchased at the Home Depot . Much quieter than the old Ridgid vac I had

Much quieter than the Craftsman that I replacing with it

Might make a nice X-Mas present for someone

Reply to
RGG

thank you, that was nice of you but i dont need one right now so keep it for me for next year..thanks anyway....

Reply to
jim

Excellent idea! Would you like my address?

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Time to drop a hint to the wife.

TB

Reply to
Tom Baker

Or man friend - you sexist bastard.. Believe me, when I tell my lover about this "Rigid" machine he'll drip all over hisself running out to get one for us.

But as far as suction goes, I'm still the best tube sucker in Utah!

chris-

Reply to
Stormin Mormonn

LOL..thats almost funny....but Chris lives in NY...NOT Utah...

Reply to
CBHvac

Hey Mortimer, isn't this right?

John D. Hanig

8627 Sharonbrook Dr. Charlotte, NC 28210

Have you been naughty or nice?

-- Zanta

Reply to
Zanta

What model of 16 gallon Ridgid did you get? I am trying to decided which type of shop Vac to get. I looked at the ones at Home Depot. They seem to been very well priced for their power level. I also saw another at Costco. It was a real brand name shop vac. Still trying to decide. Let me know the model and how it is performing. My only concern about the Ridge was the canister style filter and how it lasts. In my old shop vac I use a paper bag type filter.

Thanks in advance, Mike :)

Reply to
Michael

OOOOOps..

My mistake

I got the 12 gallon one...

Think we paid 69 for it

Reply to
RGG

A word to the wise. Emerson Electric, maker of Rigid, recently sold it's tool manufacturing division and the Rigid brand will now be made in China, I believe. That old Crafstman/Rigid warranty (lifetime) is now 90 days like all the rest. There was a recently "Heads Up" about it in "Fine Woodworking" magazine. So, I intend to pay attention to when the current inventory runs out and will probably move away from the Rigid brand.

Reply to
Brooks Gregory

I bought a rigid 1 yr ago It came with a lifetime warranty.

Reply to
mark Ransley

My box says lifetime warranty

Interesting..

China crap warranty goes from lifetime to 90 days

Wonder why?

Woodworking"

Reply to
RGG

About 6 months ago, Home Depot change manufacturers for their tool line. The new stuff is not lifetime. There is still old stock around though if you look.. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

PMFJI

I believe Ridgid vac doesn't use a dust bag. The consequence is that its filter gets clogged very quickly, and its suction drops significantly when the filter gets clogged up. The problem is that this is very difficult to remove the dusts from the many folds in the filter. I am currently living with this problem by wrapping a paper bag over the filter (then I can easily remove the dusts from the surface of the paper bag).

On the other hand, ShopVac uses a dust bag. The dust bag will trap most of the dusts before the dusts reach the filter. I am under the impression that this is a better arrangement (but I have not used a ShopVac before).

Jay Chan

Reply to
Jay Chan

The Ridgids we have, use a neat little HEPA filter that you clean in about 2 seconds...you can either take it off, and just drop it...tap it, or whatever, or, you can lift the lid, tap it and its almost good as new. Now..keep in mind, they are not the ones that come with it, but replacements that cost about $30. The price of two new Ridgid 98% ones will cost you that, and we use them for things like, cleaning oil furnace heat exchangers that are sooted.

I own one Shop Vac..The standard arrangement is a foam filter, with a dinky cloth primary filter held on with a ring of plastic. Thus far, its NOT a better arrangement for some users. I have seen a couple of Shop Vac filters on the shelf that look just like the Ridgid ones, but have no clue what model they fit, or if they are a replacement for the foam setup.

Reply to
CBHvac