ridge vents

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 12:27:34 -0400, Choreboy scribbled this interesting note:

Stainless? Ceramic Coated Steel? Brass? There are lots of choices...

-- John Willis snipped-for-privacy@airmail.net (Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)

Reply to
John Willis

Oops, my mistake there. 0.5 slope would not be 45 degrees, it would be something around 20 degrees or so. 45 degrees is a slope of 1.0.

-kevin

Reply to
kevin

Not sure. Mine are vinyl and have been doing a good job for almost 15 years. The installation is more important than the brand--you don't want them to leak.

Reply to
Phisherman

Maybe I should nail the first time, then use screws in the nail holes. I suppose panhead screws would be best. Years ago, I used panhead screws with rubber washers for galvanized roofing. Should rubber washers be used against shingles?

Reply to
Choreboy

I've read that Shingle Vent II is the least likely to leak in various weather conditions, such as blowing snow. I chose Vent-Sure Rigid Roll because it has no external baffle for a rope to damage.

Reply to
Choreboy