Ridge Vent Question

Hi,
I recently ventilated the soffitts of my house and added styrofoam vents in between the rafters to clear a path for the outside air. There was practically ZERO ventilation in the attic prior to this.
However, I am not sure if I will be able to add the ridge vent in this year before the snow flies. Is there a problem with having the pathway for the outside air to enter without the ridge vent being in place? There are no gable vents or other paths for air exchange. I imagine that some outside air can get in now, though not a significant amount.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Dave
It'll live 'til next year. Tom
It's already a little better than it was before.

I guess my only concern was moist air slowly getting in through the soffitt vents and getting trapped in the attic with nowhere to go.
Dave
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Don't worry Dave. It will be less of a problem now than before. When you get ridge or gable end vents it will be a lot better.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit