Ridge Vent Question

Hi,

I recently ventilated the soffitts of my house and added styrofoam vents in between the rafters to clear a path for the outside air. There was practically ZERO ventilation in the attic prior to this.

However, I am not sure if I will be able to add the ridge vent in this year before the snow flies. Is there a problem with having the pathway for the outside air to enter without the ridge vent being in place? There are no gable vents or other paths for air exchange. I imagine that some outside air can get in now, though not a significant amount.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

Reply to
toshradio

It'll live 'til next year. Tom

Reply to
tom

It's already a little better than it was before.

Reply to
trader4

I guess my only concern was moist air slowly getting in through the soffitt vents and getting trapped in the attic with nowhere to go.

Dave

Reply to
toshradio

Don't worry Dave. It will be less of a problem now than before. When you get ridge or gable end vents it will be a lot better.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan