Rheem 80 plus furnace blowing cold air

Hello,
We have a Rheem 80 plus furnace that was installed in 1989. Yesterday I noticed that when the furnace came on, it was blowing cold air. I took a
closer look and noticed that the flame never lights up. This model does not have a pilot but has an igniter. The gas supply is fine since I can smell gas when the thermostat switches the furnace on.
Any suggestions as to what the problem might be and what I could look at
would be appreciated.
Thanks, Kam
If you can smell gas when its trying to fire then you have several problems and a dangerous situation. Dont try to use your furnace and get a repairman out

m Ransley is right.
Don't mess with it any further and get a repair person out there to fix it ASAP.