RG6 Coxial Cable Staplegun

I wish to acquire a good quality staple gun for home-size coaxial cable. I have seen the pros using the type I am looking for. It's the one that requires TWO strokes of the stapler comes to mind. I'm thinking of the type of fastener where each leg of a "common" staple is set individually and, when the stapler is withdrawn, there is a black, plastic piece over the staple and cable. Is there a model name or type name for this critter? TIA.

Reply to
Jim Redelfs

Arrow Professional 9/16 Inch Wire Stapler (24T37) ??

Reply to
Homer

The Arrow T59 cable stapler works well. It only takes a single firing though, and uses a "normal" one piece staple with a black plastic cable fastener. I don't believe I've seen them at the big box stores, I got mine at an electrical distributor.

Reply to
Pete C.

Thanks, Pete (and others). That is exactly what I'm looking for.

Amazon has it for ~$40.

Apparently, this type of tool and/or staple is also used for stapling Cat5e (and higher) to avoid crimping or otherwise damaging the cable. Thanks, again.

Reply to
Jim Redelfs

Several sizes. Powerful enough to be a good tool. brads, flat and round head staples. The stopper plate (optional usage) prevents the gun from coming any closer to the wall when pushing it in- two settings, or without, or other.

Reply to
bent

I don't have/operated a stapler you describe but I can imagine it is still set with one stroke on both sides. Regardless, a coax cable is a pretty rigid one and will withstand some degree of abuse and so in vast majority of cases all you need is ANY stapler that can be loaded with arched staples to avoid flattening the cable.

\\//.

-------------------------------------

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 259524 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
DA

I have used this one for years and it works great. It avoids any deformation of the coax entirely, which is particularly desirable if you are using the coax near or at its' high frequency limit. It is sold in a lot of Internet sites and I bought mine with additional staples at Amazon.

Smarty

Reply to
Smarty

I can't agree. It is really important not to use just ANY staple on any cable carrying RF.

Reply to
George