RFID credit/debit cards

Page 2 of 4

I freely admit when I am wrong, that is true. If only you had 1/100th the integrity you might receive some respect.

I freely admit when I am wrong, that is true. If only you had 1/100th the integrity you might receive some respect.
On 01/31/2014 12:25 PM, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

I contacted my credit card company and asked for a card without the chip. They cheerfully complied.

I found it much easier to request cards that contain no RFID chips that the cards issuers were glad to supply at no charge.
On 1/31/2014 7:35 AM, dadiOH wrote:

The video made it to snopes http://www.snopes.com/fraud/identity/pickpocket.asp
A valid security number is not transmitted by RFID. The information picked up can be used if the security number is not required. It is probably required for everything online (or when the card is not present).
My understanding is that the cards used in Europe (and coming to the US) use encryption, so the method in the video wouldn't work. And further, they use a rolling security code (like a garage door opener). You shouldn't be able to clone a European card. Card readers are likely to shift to RFID when those cards are out. The retailer is responsible for fraudulent charges (instead of the credit card company) if they use a mag-strip reader when the new cards are out. That should make mag-strip obsolete. If you have one of those card you may not want to destroy the RFID feature. (Target started installing readers for these cards and stopped because other merchants weren't installing them.)
On 1/31/2014 12:52 PM, bud-- wrote:

If the store can read the card, some hacker can also. I don't have much confidence in RFID security. If I ever get one, it's being punched out.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Nah, just punch out the guy that decided to put the RFID chips in the cards.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On 1/31/14, 12:48 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

RFID anything is good to avoid... and difficult to do these days. They're everywhere, even molded into tires, shoe soles and anywhere else imaginable.
A while back, VISA gave me an RFID card, I called and asked them to re-issue it with an RFID free replacement, and they did so. Don't know if they'll still so, or about other companies, but it's sure worth asking.
Here's some more on RFID... there is a lot more just on Wikipedia alone, but I don't have time at the moment to search it out.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rfid
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_card
Erik
PS, I once thought I was mistaken, but it turns out I was wrong. :)
On 1/31/2014 2:48 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

As I wrote, the European systems has security built in. Credit card fraud is much lower in Europe.
When the European style credit cards are in use here you may have trouble finding someone who will take a mag-stripe one.
A couple references with a minimal google search: http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/travel/the-basics-of-chip-and-pin-credit-cards/2013/05/16/9e8bdf9a-a13f-11e2-be47-b44febada3a8_story.html
http://www.ehow.com/info_8117500_rfid-credit-card-information.html
On Friday, January 31, 2014 8:35:33 AM UTC-5, dadiOH wrote:

___________
There is a holographic field on many credit/debit cards now. Could use that instead of RFID.
What I don't understand is why they are still using magnetic strips on backs of cards.
On Fri, 31 Jan 2014 11:55:13 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

There is no information on that hologram. Adding unique holograms would be rather expensive.

Because it works (inertia).
6:55 snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote
"Because it works (Inertia)."
Oh really????
Take one audio cassette. Play it back on a decent deck. Remove the magn etic tape from the shell. Place it in your pants pocket and go about you r day. At night, reload the tape into the shell and play that cassette ove r the deck and see if it sounds as good as it did in the morning.
Now you know what happens to magnetic strips on the backs of cards in MY wa llet. ;)
On Fri, 31 Jan 2014 18:01:27 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Nonsense. Cards have used high coersivity material for years - nothing like the the tape in your cassettes. Much more difficult to erase with stray magnetism.
On Saturday, February 1, 2014 6:27:45 AM UTC-5, Pat wrote:

___
How do you think you'd function if someone scraped your face with low-grit sandpaper for hours?
Now do you get it?
A wallet is a very hostile place for magnetic strips.
On Sat, 1 Feb 2014 06:55:28 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Buy a less abrasive wallet. My cards all last through expiration, I carry them in a card carrier / money clip made by Coach. See:
http://bit.ly/1krRqDx

Right. I just slide them in my wallet, haphazardly. They're stuffed in three or four to a "compartment". I have had maybe two fail in forty years. None in the last decade.
11:52 snipped-for-privacy@attt.net wrote:
"Right. I just slide them in my wallet, haphazardly. They're stuffed in three or four to a "compartment". "
Same here.
"I have had maybe two fail in forty years. None in the last decade. "
You're lucky. Often I must swipe a second or third time per the cashier because of inability to read my cards.
The point is, it's 20friggn14! Mag-strips on credit/debit were invented during Vietnam. Time for them to go.
On Sat, 01 Feb 2014 17:22:08 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

Try swiping the card from bottom to top. This usually works for mine. Also may put in plastic bag segment and swipe. This weakens an overly strong and noisy card
--
Mr.E

Dr.Ivan sell dumps (infromation from magnetic strips of credit and debit cards):
Minimal order 5pcs from now of a 1 bin only (not allowed 2 dumps from 1 bin, 1 from another and 2 from 3rd).
Payment methods BitCoin / 10% fee (we are using btc-e weighted average rate to convert USD in BTC) / no minimum WesternUnion, MoneyGram / 10% fee / 500$ minimum per transaction WebMoney no mimimum PerfectMoney is not accepted
Prices USA: Classic:20$ Gold:30$ Platinum and others:35$; AmEx: 40$; Disco: 30$
EU, ASIA 201: Classic: 65$ Gold:80$ Platinum and others:95$ AmEx 80$ Others 80$
EU, ASIA 101: Classic:85$ Gold:110$ Platinum and others:120$; AmEx 80$ Others 80$
Popular bins are always more expensive then usual ones.
Replace policy No replace codes: APPROVAL 00; DECLINE 51; CALL 01 Declined CITIBANK dumps NO REPLACE Dumps from update NO REPLACE EU, ASIA dumps NO REPLACE Too many complaints means we will check bins validity and if you lie NO REPLACE
You should know You pay UPFRONT always NO TESTS NOTHING FREE! We sell ONLY DUMPS track1+track2 and track2 and NOTHING ELSE You pay order cost ALWAYS UPFRONT. No delivery until payment is completed No advices and about dumps Service rules can be changed at any moment w/o customers notifications
For conact use icq: 10296
email: snipped-for-privacy@safe-mail.net
Well THAT effective shuts down THIS thread!
smdh...