rfid credit card

In my not so short life I have been an auto mechanic, including 10 years as a service manager and several years teaching. I have been in the computer business now for 26 years - 5 with a small manufacturer in product development and 21 years self employed as a contractor in the window business, the insurance business, and other small businesses including manufacturing .

Outside of my working life I have also built and drove my own electric car, and am currently finally in the back stretch of an airplane building project. - among MANY other projects and hobbies.

Reply to
clare

Cool, what kind of airplane? Your design or kit? I always thought building a plane would be a fun project but never go past RC models.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

It's a French Canadian bush plane design called a Pegazair 100. Scratch built from plans -TIG welded chrome-moly tube fuselage and

6061T6 rivetted aluminum flying surfaces. We will be covering the fuselage with Oratex 6000. The plane has full span fowler type flaperons and automatic leading edge slats and a full flying tail. making it a pretty extreme STOL performer. It's a tail-dragger - about the size of a Cessna 150 with a very wipe performance envelope - from 20 to 120 MPH. (power on stall around 18, landing speed 30-ish, typical takeoff roll less than 150 feet - many get off the ground in 2 or 3 lengths and land about the same. You can see some of our construction pictures on my web site. I need to bring it up to date sometime.
Reply to
clare

I could fly that out of my backyard

That gets off quick.

Should be a lot of fun when you get it done.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

And that was on skis. Can you imagine pouring on the power against locked brakes, then letting it launch off a hard surface??

Reply to
clare

They claim it could have been flown into the old WardAir hangar at Pearson, turned around and flown back out.

Reply to
clare

Your card may not be RFID enabled, though. While it hasn't been phased out entirely, some cards do not have it, although they do have a chip.

Second generation cards with RFID present do make skimming a little more difficult, but, still, far from impossible.

Diesel