rewiring permit snag - abandoned wires

Page 2 of 4

Stormin Mormon wrote:

'It must be Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays.'

What do you British folks think about Obama returning the bust of Winston Churchill to the UK that was in the oval office?
He really do that? Wow. Probably sent it with too little postage, too.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I'd forgotten all about that. It really didn't make much mileage in the press here.
It was specifically a loan for Bush's term of office and therefore it's return was not seen as a snub.

I forget about this also. I "thought" this was a gift? So when sent back, it was taken as a "snub" ...
How is Margaret doing?
Oren wrote:

It really didn't hit the headlines here at the time. As it was a loner for Bush's period, the return was not considered a snub.

I haven't a clue. She has kept off the stage and left it to successors.
Clot wrote:

Doh! Loaner.

Ouch! That's the most awful poetry I've ever heard!
"Ode to a lump of green putty I found in my navel".
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

"I don't believe it. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it."

I could be promoted to senior Shouting Officer!
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

You are Victor Meldrew! I claim my 5.
(Might just sink as it tries to get across The Pond.)
Bother! I've been outed. Next thing, you'll say that my other head is Zaphod Beeblebrox!
I think this is a really kewl space ship. I think I'll steal it.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

You've got me now, I can't recall whether that was Zephod or Ford Prefect. I think it was the latter entering a Vogon ship - otherwise - 42!
I say old chap, it was cool in those days not this dreadful new word that the yuffs of today use! :)
On Thu, 08 Apr 2010 23:34:21 +0100, Clot wrote:

Hmm, my brain's saying it was Zaphod and Disaster Area's ship... but it's been years since I read the book...
True, the world was much better. My memory says it was Zaphod, the two headed world leader who pulled out a freeze gun, zapped the crowd, and took off with the space ship.
I'm in total agreement with the answer 42. But of course, it leaves open. What was the question, anyway? Life, the universe and everything, but what of that?
And who ran through the maze, and stole my cheese?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

What do you get when you multiply six by nine.

Sam E wrote:

Pedant mode: that was a statement not a question therefore the answer is still 42! ;)

Not me, honest!
On 04/07/2010 06:22 PM, Nonny wrote:

I deal with a few inspectors on a regular basis. Some are a PITA, some I really like. Even most of the PITA ones seem to be conscientious and care about things being done right.
Maybe I live in a unique area...
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Nate Nagel wrote:

Or maybe you can just really see reality.